The memorandum was signed by the Mayor of Kozani, Lazaros Maloutas, as well as the Dean, Professor, Kyriakos Yakinthos as the representative of the Polytechnic School of AUTH, as well as the Dean, Professor, Panagiotis Glavinis as the representative of the School of Law of AUTH, on Wednesday, January 5, 2022, at the Mayor’s Office.
The parties signaled the beginning of a systematic and effective cooperation, recognizing its importance for:
- the implementation of the objectives of the European Green Agreement
- the implementation of the European Missions and in particular the Mission
of “100 Climate Neutral and Smart Cities by 2030”
- the development of educational and research activities in the framework of
the Cities’ Mission
- the creation of a continuous channel of communication and exchange of
know-how with the aim of disseminating research results at national and
- a series of issues related to the transition of the Municipality of Kozani to
climate neutrality by 2030
In the framework of the Memorandum and for its fulfillment, the contracting parties may proceed with:
- programme contracts for the study and execution of research projects
in the context of the transition of the Municipality of Kozani to climate neutrality
- the cooperation in planning and implementing projects
subsidized by national programs and programs of the European Union
- the joint submission of proposals for funding by national programs as
well as programs of the European Union
- the design and development of digital applications through the use of
advanced technologies in the fields of environment and energy, the digital transformation of cities and communities, transport, rural development and food, tourism, culture, development and innovation
- the joint organization of scientific and educational activities (e.g.
conferences, workshops, events, exhibitions, joint announcements in conferences)
It is worth mentioning that the Municipality of Kozani is moving fast towards its inclusion in the Mission of “100 climate-neutral and smart cities of Europe by 2030”, taking several initiatives, including this memorandum of cooperation.