Specifically, the Municipality of Kozani received:
– two (2) garbage trucks with a press type compression system, with a capacity of 12.0 m3
– two (2) garbage trucks with press type compression system with a capacity of 8,0 m3
– four hundred (400) brown bio-waste temporary storage bins with a capacity of 240lt
– two hundred (200) brown bio-waste temporary storage bins with a capacity of 360 lt
– fifty (50) brown bio-waste temporary storage bins with a capacity of 660lt
– one thousand (1000) kitchen type brown bins for temporary storage of bio-waste with a capacity of 10lt, (will be distributed in the context of public awareness actions for the separate sorting of biowaste)
– one hundred (100) compost bins (will be distributed in the context of public awareness actions for the separate sorting of biowaste and the promotion of composting)
The procurement is covered by the Municipality’s own funds and by the Operational Program “Transport Infrastructure, Environment and Sustainable Development”, of the priority Axis: 14 “Preservation and Protection of the Environment – promotion of Efficient use of Resources “, co-financed by the Cohesion Fund entitled “Biowaste Management Actions”.
The goal of the Municipality of Kozani is to:
– improve the biowaste collection, sorting/transport system
– motivate citizens to further participate in Sorting at Source programs
– reduce the collection quantities of mixed waste in the green bin and, consequently, keep the cost of domestic waste management constant or even reduce it
In the next period, the Municipality of Kozani will extend the Sorting at Source Program for domestic biowaste, which is being piloted the last years in the districts of Platania, Ag. Athanasiou but also in the Community of Petrana, to other districts of the Municipality as well.
The collection of biowaste will be carried out with the above equipment, so that leftovers from fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, pasta, legumes, bread, sweets, dairy, eggs, etc. which today end up in the green bin of mixed household waste can be separately collected in brown bins.
The goal of the Municipality of Kozani is that all citizens contribute to make it the first Municipality to implement what is stated in the National Waste Management Plan for the separate collection of biowaste, as well as to achieve the objectives set out in it.
MUNICIPALITY OF KOZANI
WE CHANGE HABITS